Our mission is to further the development of the European Spatial Data Infrastructure through collaboration in the area of geographical information, including topographic information, cadastre and land information.
Our vision is to achieve ‘interoperability’ of our Members’ national land and geographic information assets in order to provide Europe with an information asset that will support its goal to become the most competitive and sustainable economy in the world.
Our objectives are to:
- provide a single interface to and a united voice for Europe's National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies
- strengthen and develop the network of committed and motivated Members and encourage collaboration and knowledge exchange
- build strong relationships with related organisations
- promote NMCAs' national and pan-European products and services, and their role in providing the reference data for the European Spatial Data Infrastructure (ESDI)
- create, maintain and distribute harmonised and small and medium scales topographic reference datasets and related services to support immediate cross border or pan-European customer requirements
- promote EuroGeographics as Europe's leading brand for information about geographic information and to provide a forum in which people can exchange of ideas about it
- help the European Commission with its programmes and directives