The Business interoperability knowledge exchange network (BI KEN) was established in 2006. We focus on the business issues EuroGeographics and its members have to face. These include the pricing and licencing of products and services and topics such as open data and sustainable business models. Members of the group also exchange knowledge on the geographic information market, product developments, competitors and potential partners.
The aims of the BI KEN are to:
- improve the public perception of the role and value of the National Mapping and Cadastral Agencies (NMCAs)
- raise the profile, importance and value of geographic and land information supporting the ambition of the NMCAs to operate at the heart of their national SDIs and the European Location Framework (ELF)
- maximise the use of NMCA information within a growing European market and, in the longer term and where appropriate, increase income streamsdevelop and stimulate the market and to develop pan-European products and services in a cost effective and timely manner
- stimulate the re-use of NMCA data by private sector companies wishing to 'add value' to it
- meet the needs of the European Commission for better ‘data sharing’ within initiatives such as INSPIRE
- to monitor new technology including internet developments and open standards for providing tools to support greater sharing and integration of data.
Our 2010–11 work plan
- Support members in signing the Framework Licensing Agreement
- Approve and implement new pricing models for EuroGeographics products and services
- Create an active and engaged distributor network
- Launch EuroGeoInfo website (including product pages and sales tools)
- Implement customer relation management (CRM) system
The group is chaired by Sallie White, EuroGeographics head office.
How to get involved
The BI KEN is open to all EuroGeographics members. If your organisations would like to be actively involved or become a corresponding member of the BI KEN, please contact Sallie White.
Please use the menu on the left to find reports, contacts and meeting details.