EuroGeographics Open Data Licence
This licence governs your access to and use of EuroGlobalMap made available at http://www.eurogeographics.org/form/topographic-data-eurogeographics by EuroGeographics. EuroGeographics AISBL is an international non-profit association under Belgian law, with registered offices at Rue du nord/Noordstraat 76, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
The Product (as defined below) is protected by copyright and other applicable laws. The Product is provided under the terms of this licence, which you accept by using the Product and accepting the terms of the licence.
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
- The “Product” means the EuroGlobalMap and the associated data, protected by international copyright and/or the database producer’s right.
- ‘Licensor’ means EuroGeographics and/or and its members, who jointly own the intellectual property rights on the Product.
‘Use’ means any act restricted by copyright or database rights, which includes:
- Reproduction: to make a tangible copy of the Product or of an Adaptation by any means and in any form, on any support;
- Communication to the public: to spread the Product or an Adaptation to the public in an intangible form, by any means, in a linear way or on the individual demand of the end-user;
- Distribution: to spread tangible copies of the Product or of the Adaptation among the public;
- Adaptation: to alter, arrange or modify the Product, for example, by combining it with other creations, information or works, or by including it in your own product or application.
- Extraction: to transfer all or a substantial part of the data of a database to another medium by any means or in any form, in a permanent or temporary way;
- Re-utilization: to make available to the public all or a substantial part of the data of a database by the distribution of copies, by renting, by on-line or other forms of transmission.
- ‘You’ means the natural or legal person, or body of persons, corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
Where these “Uses” are defined by law and such legal definitions are more favourable to Licensor, the legal definition will apply.
Use of the Product under this licence
Use of the Product indicates Your acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
The Licensor grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to exercise the rights (reproduction, communication to the public, adaptation and reproduction or communication to the public of the adaptation, extraction and reutilisation) in the Product, subject to the conditions and restrictions below.
The Product or an Adaptation of the Product may be used for any legal purpose, including commercial exploitation.
- You may use the Products as described above, on condition that You acknowledge the intellectual rights and the source of the Product, by including the following attribution statement:
“This product includes Intellectual Property from European National Mapping and Cadastral Authorities and is licensed on behalf of these by EuroGeographics. Original product is available for free at www.eurogeographics.org Terms of the licence available at http://www.eurogeographics.org/form/topographic-data-eurogeographics”.
In case the long statement above cannot be used, you may use the following short form: “© EuroGeographics. Original product is available for free at www.eurogeographics.org Terms of licence available at http://www.eurogeographics.org/form/topographic-data-eurogeographics”.
You must include the same acknowledgement requirement in any sub-licences that you grant, and a requirement that any further sub-licences do the same.
- This licence does not grant any further rights to use the trademark “EuroGeographics”.
- You must ensure that you will not use the Product in a way that suggests any official status or that EuroGeographics endorses You or Your use of the Product; You must ensure that You do not mislead others or misrepresent the Product or its source.
- Although You are entitled to create Adaptations of the Product, You may not mutilate or distort the Product in a way that is prejudicial to the honour and the reputation of the Licensor or any of the authors. This includes that the Product should not be altered in such a way that the information contained therein becomes erroneous, misleading or scientifically incorrect.
Failure to comply with these conditions will automatically put an end to this licence, without notice to You and without prior judiciary order. Licensor reserves the right to claim compensation for its entire damage suffered due to Your breach of the licence.
Licensor reserves the right to discontinue the availability of the Product under the current terms. Any continued use will be at your own risk.
The Product is licensed ‘as is’ and Licensor excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Product to the maximum extent permitted by law. Licensor does not offer any guarantee concerning the completeness, the absence of errors or the fitness to any purpose.
You alone are responsible for the content You publish, including for the content conveyed by the Product.
EuroGeographics is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Product and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use.
To the extent we collect personal data in the sense of applicable law, EuroGeographics will only do so in conformity with Belgian law and take all necessary measures to ensure that such personal data are not made available to third parties without Your prior consent. You agree to cooperate with this EuroGeographics where reasonably necessary.
This licence is exclusively governed by the laws of Belgium. The courts of Brussels, Belgium, alone are competent to decide any litigation arising from the application of this licence.